Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Free for All: Beam me up, Scottie!


FFA Topic of the Week: When Technology Goes Too Far . . .


Now, look, I’m all for advancements in technology. Yea for cell phones! Yea for laptops! Yea for flushing toilets! I know there’s a reason I wasn’t born in pioneer times, and I’m grateful for it daily. But seriously, there are some things about how people use all these new-fangled gadgets that just make me crazy (and yes, I know that indoor plumbing is not exactly new).

Let’s talk about the ol’ Bluetooth headsets that people are so fond of wearing these days. First of all, I don’t care how many people I see wearing them, they still look like they jumped out of a Star Trek episode to me (and in case you were wondering, that’s not a good thing).

Now, I understand the benefits to these things. My dad has one, and since he is on the road quite a bit for work, I’m glad he has something that aids his safety while driving.

But seriously, what is up with these people who insist on wearing their headsets 24 hours a day? A word of advice: if you’re not on the phone, take the stupid thing off! You look like an idiot.

And by the way, I'm just guessing here, but I think the best way to impress your date is not to look like a telemarketer on his coffee break. But that’s just me.

7 comments:

Jamie said...

You have been added to the SFHS class of 1994 blog at this link
http://sfhs1994.blogspot.com/
Please visit and help us find more people!

Jamie said...

I found you while I was blogstalking... it sounds creepy, I know. I just clicked over from Michelle Fish's blog to Amanda Fish's blog than Carillisa's blog and then I found you! Simple... well, maybe not! But is was fun!

Jenni said...

Yeah, I tell Matt he looks like a Britney Spears wannabe. I'm going to tell him you think he looks like an idiot...

Jami said...

Oh, crap. I thought I might get in trouble with this one. I guess no more pizza personally delivered to me at the couch, huh?

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Well, I couldn't agree with you more. I think they are a lot better then the other alternative "hands free" devices, but I just don't get the constant use. Don't these people know they are going to get cancer and their ear's gonna fall off?

What I don't get is the guy at church wearing one during all three meetings. And no, he's not a doctor or any other "need to get a hold of" type of personnel. But he sure looks important to me!

Bliss Sorority (XX) - Flagstaff Chapter said...

I can't believe it happens in other people's wards too! Just last week my eyesight was compromised by the blue blinking light that persisted all throughout testimony bearing. I have my suspicions about his motives...
Kristy

Debra Darling said...

During my jaunt up to Idaho I got to see my sister Merrie. She came waltzing outside to see Sophie and me the second we pulled up. We hugged, Exchanged hello's. She turned her head and there it was. Behold, The Ear Mechanism! So there was our little family gathering: Grandpa, Me, Sophie, Merrie, Kieran, Adam, and Cousin BLUE TOOTH.