Sunday, November 2, 2008

Princess costume . . . Nevermore!

It's a sad and strange day when your 8-year-old daughter (the same daughter who, in past years, has dressed as an assortment of princesses to rival a Disney store) tells you she wants to be a vampire for Halloween. And we're not talking some sort of cute little Disney-hybrid of a vampire with a sparkly purple dress and flowers on the cape. No, she wants to be scary. Blood, fangs, dark eyes, the works.

Now how did this happen? I mean, the kid dressed up as Tinkerbell last year, and the goal of the event was to look as cute as possible. I didn't really care that she wanted to be a vampire this year, but I was curious about the transformation that causes a girl (a very girly, Hannah Montana sort of girl, mind you) to suddenly want to look like a demon for Halloween. It's just a strange phenomenon to me.

Once we got the make-up and black hairspray on, she was thrilled at how scary she looked. Lucy, however, was not so thrilled. She was terrified of Larrin and ran crying from the room whenever she saw her. I guess we'll get a few more years of "cute" out of her. Not that she had any interest in being a princess. She wanted to be Jessie from Toy Story 2. Only Marley held strong with the princess theme that tends to run rampant in our household.

Lucy, starting to feel she is standing a little too close to Larrin for comfort.

Lucy refuses to be in any more pictures that include Evil Larrin.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Fear not, Little Lucy. You can't be TOO terribly afraid of a vampire in pink.

Love the costumes! I'm totally diggin' Jesse. Too cute!

Jenni said...

Oh, and the "Consistency is only a virtue" thing on the side....hilarious.

Megan said...

That Jessie costume is adorable! Next year I'll probably actually have to get 2 costumes together since I can hardly expect three years of a princess/dalmation combination. :D I've loved having fall-back options!

Lees Everything Homemade said...

Love the costumes! And just you wait, next year she's going to graduate to Elvira with the full set of jugs. You think I'm kidding? My ten year old just asked me last month if she could PLEASE shave her legs. Transformation is a scary thing!

Ryan and Heather Moss said...

I cannot believe how much the girls have grown! They are still georgous! Hope you guys are doing well. I'm trying to get into this blogging thing-it's taking me a while to catch up to everyone else.

regina said...

hello girlfriend! I just love the characters that your girls came up with. they have gotten so big! i was blog-stalking and came across yours. hope you don't mind me! miss ya girl!