Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cake Wrecks

So, a friend of mine just sent me a link to this blog called "Cake Wrecks." It is completely hilarious. The blogger shows pictures of various cake disasters with some pretty funny commentary.

Here are a couple of my favorites with their corresponding commentary:




And that's how embarrassing nicknames are born, boys and girls!



"Is it Less Creepy If You Only Eat the Torso?"
"Someone's having a baby! Let's celebrate by eating one!"

Yep, I'll never quite understand that line of thinking. On the plus side, though, instead of saying "It's time to cut the cake!" with this one you get to say, "It's time to dismember the baby!" Do you suppose they stack the plastic head and limbs neatly in a basket on the side when it's time to serve, or just leave them strewn about the table? Either way, that's some hilarious mental imagery going on. Lindsay S., you grab the left arm, and I'll take the right. Now, pull!

When you go to check out the rest of the site (click on link above), be sure to click on the "Fan Favorites" on the sidebar. I particularly liked the "Inspiration vs. Perspiration" one.

3 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

That is pretty dang funny! I loved the baby...I'll take the heart, thanks.

Steph said...

Jami I truly feel that it is really important that we link to each other's blog... how bout it?

The Teej said...

My favorite wreck so far is http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/08/this-calls-for-celebration.html