Saturday, March 15, 2008

True Confession

Okay, yes, I do have children. Three of them, actually. A friend of mine mentioned recently how her last 13 blog postings have been about her children, and nothing else. Well, she recently had a baby, so naturally we all want to see and hear about little T-bird (as I call him). But I started realizing that none of my postings have been about my children, and lest people think I don't like them, I thought perhaps I should mention them occasionally.

So prepare yourselves. What you are about to see is pictures (lots of them) and commentary revolving around my girls Larrin, Marley, and Lucy.


I'm including this picture of the girls drinking hot chocolate (something they insist on whenever it snows) because it's snowing again, for crap's sake. It's like a blizzard out there. Doesn't March make it spring??


Lucy, ever helpful.


Ellis usually takes over at bedtime. My gratitude knows no depths.



Larrin and Marley volunteer to do Lucy's hair. Clearly, she was not an unwilling participant.


More is always better . . .


Once Marley saw how beautiful Lucy's hair looked, she decided to fancy up her own 'do. Mission accomplished.



Larrin invites Marley to a duel of the shovels. (Note to self: do not let the kids watch Star Wars with Ellis anymore.)


The battle ensues.


Apparently, Larrin won. (Ellis will be thrilled to see they've found yet another use for the shovels. So then when it's actually snowing -like today-, and a shovel might be useful, they will be nowhere to be found.)




Lucy wouldn't put a jacket on that day but insisted that she needed Larrin's scarf. She is, of course, always our wild card. She talks non-stop, learned to count to 20 by herself right after she turned two (um, was I supposed to be helping her with that?), runs -and I mean runs- everywhere she goes, and loves to terrorize Marley by pinching her whenever the mood strikes her. She's the first child I've had to worry about moving the furniture around so she could climb on it to reach whatever she happens to think she needs (like the fruit snacks, or "snoot snacks" as she calls them, from the top shelf of the pantry). If only I could harness her powers for good . . .

Well, one my sweet little rug-rats just created a minor catastrophe (again), so I guess the plethora of pictures must end for now. I promise I'll throw more in here every once in a while.


7 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

What cute girls! I was waiting, you know. Show off those cuties any time you feel like it.

Jenni said...

SHUT UP! Was it really 13 posts? And here I thought it was a measly 7. I just might burst into tears.

Regardless, your little fillies are certainly blog worthy and should be paraded at all times.

Too cute!

Jami said...

Okay, yes, I was exaggerating the number of posts. I couldn't remember how many it was; I just remembered you complaining about it and then realizing how I have neglected my own kids completely. Is that a sign of my maternal instincts?

Jenni said...

Those kind of maternal instincts are the kind I know and love!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much they've grown since you left NC! They are all BEAUTIFUL!

Laura F said...

Oh wow, they're adorable, Jami! I love the pictures of them doing each others' hair, and the idea of pushing things around to reach the fruit snacks is far too common here. I've stopped in front of the chains at Home Depot more than once trying to figure out how to keep the barstools near the counter because if I trip over them one more time I might just teach my kids a few new words! And it's the little one who keeps pushing them around... Anyway, it was fun to see the pics, and to hear a few of your adventures in mommy-hood.

Peggy said...

help me understand why Larrin is wearing a coat but...NO SHOES!?!
You're SOOOOO beta! (Sniff! I'm so proud!)