Monday, April 28, 2008

FFA (about 12 days late . . . )

Okay, okay, I know. This is clearly not Friday, yet here I am posting my FFA (for last week). Cut me some slack, people! Have you, or have you not read the title of my blog? I named it that for a reason. So you're just going to have to accept the fact that I can't always be there for you. At least, not every Friday.

Last Week's FFA topic --
Dreams: Are you crazy or can you tell the future?

All I can say is, I better be crazy because most of my dreams are not exactly how I anticipated my life turning out. I occasionally have vivid dreams that I remember forever, but mostly I forget them soon after I wake up.

A couple that I remember VERY clearly happened soon after Ellis and I got married. The first dream involved me finding out that Ellis was engaged to marry another girl in our ward (and we were still married!) Everyone in the ward kept telling me I just needed to support my husband in this decision. Uh, no. So I ran away, and for some reason found a roller coaster my best mode of transportation.

The second dream also involved Ellis being married to someone else, but in this case, he was stealthy about it. He'd already been married to her for several years, and they had a baby. But he kept them both hidden away on a houseboat at Lake Powell which I managed to discover to my shock and horror one day while I was hiking around Lake Powell (you know, it's one of my usual Sunday afternoon hiking trails . . .)

When I woke up from both of those dreams, I was so mad at Ellis that I just wanted to throttle him. I was very accusatory with him for days.

According to a dream website I just looked at, my dreams can be interpreted as this: (keep in mind, this was right after we were first married, and apparently I had some issues I wasn't aware of. I haven't dreamed it since.)

"To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you, indicates your fears of being abandoned. You may feel some lack of attention in the relationship. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others. "

Huh. Really doesn't look too good for me either way.

1 comment:

Laura F said...

I have to tell you how relieved I am to find others have had the "my husband has another wife" dream and have woken up fuming over it! If you're in bad shape I don't know what it says about me, because I think it was a recurring theme in my dreams for at least a year after our marriage. Poor Justin!