Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What Happens in Vegas . . .

SisterFest '08 was held in Las Vegas this last weekend (can you hear me weeping over leaving the 80 degree weather?), and although Nic couldn't join us this year, we still managed to find hilarity in, well, pretty much every situation.

I now give you SisterFest: Las Vegas -- the Highlights



Joey waits to pounce on an unsuspecting Marilyn. (Either that, or the dressing room was actually meant to hold only one person.)




We stayed in the most beautiful hotel. We're talking granite countertops, travertine floors, flat screen TV, beautiful pools, the works. Here Joey and I model our new matching skirts (no, we don't really aspire to look like twins, even though everyone asked us if we were. We just happen to have the same taste in clothes. If she wears her skirt on the same day I do, I will beat her.)

Also, the seductive pose over the stove shows who wants to be America's Next Top Model. (Hint: it's not me.)





Who needs dressing rooms? This sports bra fits great! (And yes, Joey was thrilled I opted to take my camera everywhere we went. I think you can see how invaluable it was.)



Visual proof of Mom filling up the car. She can do it! It took some step-by-step instruction, but as you can see, she was successful.



At one point, Joey tried to take off in one of the hotel golf carts that a maintenance guy so foolishly left in the parking garage while he went up in the elevator. Unfortunately for us, he also took the keys with him. And he started coming back down before we could push it anywhere. You will be happy to know that we made a successful getaway (just not in the golf cart).




Joey shows off Marilyn's parallel parking skills while the homeless guy harrassed us outside the Don Carlos Restaurant.



My personal favorite -- the picture of "Grandma" inside the bathroom at the Don Carlos Restaurant. While you can probably appreciate the monobrow, facial hair, and pet parrots, what you can't see is the the cigarette she also has dangling from one hand.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Makes you wonder what they've got up in the men's restroom.

Jenni Coberly said...

I want a sister, NOW!! I've always wanted a sister weekend. I can't wait to have them with my girls when they get older.

Amanda said...

I love the idea of having a sisters weekend. I have four sisters, so it could get a little crazy, but it sounds like so much fun.

Glad you had a good time.