Friday, May 23, 2008

Friday Free for All: The Camera Loves You

FFA Topic of the Week: Who should play you in the movie version of your life?





Well, maybe Kate Winslet, but not after Titanic and Sense and Sensibility when she got too thin, and uh, blonde.




When I asked Ellis who he thought, he said Julianne Moore. I'm not sure why. Maybe just because she has red hair? But, okay. I've always liked her.

And, of course, the hair is always a consideration. I mean, to really tell my life story, you'd have to include all the torment of having curly hair during my adolescence. For instance, Damian Anderson used to always tell me he'd lost something (his pencil, a calculator, a rake, a cooler of Pepsi . . . ) and start looking for it in my hair. Good times.




So, with that in mind, maybe we'd need to go with Nicole Kidman (back when she used to actually have curly hair) or Keri Russell. By the way, I just saw her in Waitress not too long ago, and WOW! I thought she was incredible. So, yeah, now that I think about it, I'd like her to play me in the movie of my life. Talk about talent. Although, she'd have to go back to curly. Come on, woman. Have some pride in your natural curl!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I'd definitely go with Kate Winslet. She is by far one of my all-time favorite actresses. I think she'd play your life perfectly. I would love to see that movie.

The Teej said...

OOoh. I think it would be fantastic if Jim Belushi or Dan Akroyd played me in the movie of my life. Either them or Bill Murray. Or Rainn Wilson.

And for you, Lu, I'd go with Nicole in the curly days.

Jami said...

T, you are hilarious. I'd love to see Rainn Wilson play you! He's one of my faves.

Jenni said...

I'm voting for either Keri Russell or Julianne Moore. I can see why Ellis would mention her. I think it is the complexion....although, I don't think she's NEARLY as funny nor as inviting as you are. So, I'd probably stick with Keri Russell. I think she'd play you perfectly!

Peggy said...

I second Jenni's assessment. Keri Russell all the way. BTW--couldn't you find a better picture of Julianne Moore? She looks like a crack addict in this shot.

Laurie said...

Keri Russell. Hands down. (Listen to me, like I actually know you. I just think Keri has FAB hair, so she's gonna get my vote every time.)

BTW, thanks for reminding me that I need to see Waitress. I'm putting it in my queu before I go to be tonight...

Jami said...

You don't like that shot of Julianne Moore, huh? It's actually from a photo shoot from Harper's Bazaar where she was "re-enacting" old paintings. I thought it was pretty cool. Maybe you had to see the painting that she was imitating. Anyway, it's the only one where she had somewhat curlyish hair.

So yeah, now that you mention it, she might look a little like a crack addict, but then again, maybe there's something about my life you don't know about. . .

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I can't believe I never commented on this one! I read it and thought about it. I must have been distracted.

Anyway, I love Keri Russell. Always have. And I completely agree with the curly vs. straight.

I also think Nicole is a good choice for you.