Sunday, February 10, 2008

Some things you should probably know about me

1. I really hate when people spell my name wrong. I know it's not their fault; I shouldn't expect them to just know that there isn't an 'e' on the end of my name. But it still bugs me, especially when people in my own family (i.e. my in-laws) still spell it wrong.

2. I'm a converted Democrat. I really thought I was a Republican all the years I was growing up, but these last few years of really looking into my political beliefs has caused me to denounce my childhood political affiliation.

3. All it really takes to get on my good side is to make me laugh. I've always been a sucker for a great sense of humor.

4. Once you're in, you're in. It would take a lot for me to stop loving any friend once we have a friendship.

5. I do not like anything spicier than, say, ketchup.

6. I do not approve of gum-chonking, especially if you are within a 10-foot radius of me.

7. I had straight hair when I was a kid -- it didn't actually go curly until I was in middle school. However, in a bout of insanity the year I was interning, I did actually cut my hair extremely short and straightened it every day. The lesson learned: I was given curly hair for a reason.

8. Italian food and citrus fruits do not go together. Stop trying to put pineapple on my pizza! I don't put oranges in your spaghetti.

9. My current favorite shows to watch are The Office and Flight of the Conchords. Will someone please intervene and stop this writers' strike madness??

10. Jenni told me my blog does not have to be all about my children, so if you are expecting to see a whole bunch of pictures and amusing little anecdotes about them, I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. Although, they'll probably manage to sneak their way on here every once in a while (mostly because I don't really have any pictures that they're not in).

11. I love getting emails from people, but I'm kind of crappy at responding very quickly. It's a curse, I know.

12. I refuse to forward any email that tells me that if I don't forward it to 10 people then I will die a cruel and untimely death, I will somehow be transformed into an anti-Christian or non-patriot, or all my loved ones will be cursed with 12 years of bad luck.

13. I love, love, love to read. My favorite is fiction (especially young adult fiction), but I've been trying to branch out lately with more history, politics, and biographies.

14. We moved around a bunch when I was really little, but as an adult, I've only lived in two states: Utah and North Carolina.

15. Last fall I ran my first marathon with Ellis and my sister Joey! (And this from a girl who couldn't run the mile in Jr. High and avoided P.E. like it was it was the plague.)

16. I don't like Precious Moments figurines. I'm sorry. I just don't.

17. I have loved U2 since I was in high school, and it is still my favorite group.

18. I am definitely a night person, but it's very frustrating to me because I also want to be able to get up early. Invariably, though, I stay up late, so I get up just in time to wake up Larrin for school and then go back to bed until Lucy wakes up around 8:00. And it still feels early to me.

19. I don't think the library should charge you $1.00 for every day you forget to take back your DVDs. I've probably paid them more than Blockbuster.

20. I have a serious chocolate addiction, and I don't care what people say about dark chocolate being better for you. It will never taste as good as milk chocolate. So stop trying to convince me.

6 comments:

Lees Everything Homemade said...

I love it! And, by the way, I have always LOVED your curly hair!

Amanda said...

Jami:

Good for you to make a blog about you! Thanks for the proof that moms can have their own lives (and blogs) too!

Jenni Coberly said...

I'm thrilled that you are blogging. Kudo's to your friends! I can't wait to read what's going on it that little curly covered head of yours. :)

Amanda said...

I loved this post! I hope you don't mind, but I've got a lot of comments. Here we go!

1. Don't worry, I (being the true friend that I am) will never spell your name wrong.

2. I'd like to know what changed your mind into become a Democrat. I guess I'll have to forgive you (again, being the true friend that I am).

3. Have I made you laugh yet?

4. So, am I still in?

5. Don't go too crazy on that ketchup! At least you don't have to worry about getting a nursing baby sick.

6. You sound like Oprah, who doesn't even allow it in her studio. Are you anti gum-chewing all together, or just the chomping gum-chewing?

7. I can't even picture you with straight hair. You should post a picture if you have one. I've always loved your curly hair. Don't you remember (I think it was in jr. high) when I used to sit behind you and lift up all of your hair and say, "Fireworks"? I just barely remembered that. See the beauty of blogs? They bring back so many great memories!

8. So am I the only one that puts oranges in their spaghetti?

9. I'm living in England and am frustrated with the writer's strike. How crazy is that?

10. Agreed, although I do have a lot of posts about my kids, because let's face it, they're pretty darn cute. But I'm trying to use my blog somewhat like a journal. So I've got all sorts of random ramblings in there. I think it gives my blog character.

11. I've noticed!

12. I feel the same! Let's start a club!

13. No wonder we get along so well. My favorite is young adult fiction as well. They just don't get much better. I too am trying to branch out, but if you look on my goodreads list, a majority of my books are young adult books. I can't help it. Maybe it's the teacher in me.

14. I had no idea. So where are you now? I'm assuming North Carolina?

15. So there's hope for me yet. Not that I want to run a marathon, but I'd like to do a mini-triathlon. Well done!

16. I used to like them, but for some reason I don't anymore.

17. It doesn't get much better than U2. Definitely one of the best bands of all time.

18. I'm the same way. Just let me sleep until 8:30 or 9:00. Isn't that okay?

19. $1.00 for every day? Crazy!

20. I completely agree. I'll take milk chocolate over dark chocolate any day. You should read my post about our visit to the Cadbury Factory. One of my favorite things here in England.

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hearing more!

Jami said...

Man, I should have started a blog long ago -- I already feel more connected to my friends. Amanda, you are hilarious! I LOVED reading all your own insights into my list. I'll have to keep starting new lists just so I can hear what you have to say about them. Or you put one on your blog so I can read it and comment, too. (I totally forgot about "Fireworks!" by the way.)

You guys are all great . . . I love the comments!

Alyssa said...

Hahaha I LOVE this! And I love that you have a blog! I just started one too, after you started kissmybliss.
It's pretty fun! :)