Sunday, February 10, 2008

True Friends

So, I dedicate this first posting to my two great friends Jenni and Carillisa who inspired me to create my own blog. Last night we got together for dinner and a whole schload of talking after not having seen each other in probably seven years. It made me realize how very lucky I am to have such fantastic friends whom I still love and love being with even after such a long separation.

I think that we certainly change greatly from who we were (or at least how we acted) in high school, but I think in some ways, we are exactly the same. And I love that. As we talked and talked last night, I kept thinking of how we used to do this exact same thing at the CougarEat at BYU every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after the Family Science class we all had together our freshman year, and it even felt the same. We have changed, of course, but those changes that have come with marriage, family, and experience are those of greater confidence in ourselves and who we truly are, and an understanding of what's really important to us. And believe me, after reminiscing about some of those high school dramas last night, it's not what we thought it was when we were teenagers.

And I have to say, that there is nothing like your friends to make you feel great about yourself. No matter how many times your husband tells you you're not fat, you don't really believe it until you hear it from your girlfriends! (That drives Ellis crazy.)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish I could have been there with you gals. Sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm so glad that you have a blog now. I have loved blogging and feel like I've gotten even closer to some of my oldest and dearest friends. I look forward to reading your blog.

Jami said...

You're not kidding. I'm already kind of addicted. Plus, I loved reading your comments!