Saturday, January 31, 2009

All Chocolate is Not Created Equal


So here's something interesting I've discovered (in addition to the fact that about half of my posts seem to be dedicated to chocolate): Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chips just aren't as good as almost any other generic brand of chocolate chips. And frankly, neither are Ghirardelli chocolate chips. And aren't they supposed to be the better brands?

It's kind of weird, I think, that Hershey's brand tastes more like semi-sweet than milk chocolate. I'm not exactly a chocolate snob, but I do much prefer milk chocolate to semi-sweet when it comes to the chocolate chips in my cookies. And I want them to taste like milk chocolate, too. Is that so much to ask?

Probably the best ones out there are Macey's brand milk chocolate chips. Those are sooo tasty.

So what's up with Hershey's, huh? If I buy milk chocolate, I want milk chocolate! Of course, it didn't exactly stop me from finishing off the last of this bag of chocolate chips . . .

5 comments:

Megan said...

I miss Macey's chocolate chips... and their prices!

~Michelle~ said...

My sister swears by Macey's chocolate chips as well. Every time she comes to Utah she stalks up!

Jenni said...

Uh....

I don't know what to tell you.

I'd pick raisins every time.

Can we still be friends?

Jami said...

Um, raisins??? I may have to rethink our relationship . . .

Debra Darling said...

Here's an idea: you can unknowingly pick up all the semi sweet chocolate chips you want and once you've made your cookies, or eaten a morsel or two and realized just what you've done...you just send those goodies my way.

Deal? Oh, and I would definitely do that every time TJ picked up Milk Chocolate Chips. Blegh.