Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rockin' in the New Year

So, when you throw together a last-minute New Year's Eve bash with Jeffrey and Karen, you really just don't know what you're in for. Our night included (but was not limited to) the following:

  • Jeffrey's amazing and delicious homemade pizza

  • Board games (Karen and I won, and then lost)

  • 20 pounds of Christmas candy (hey, it's totally justified when it's on sale after Christmas)

  • A few neighborhood fireworks

  • Jeffrey's midnight run around the block in the nude (oh wait, he opted to keep his clothes on after he felt how chilly it was out there)

  • "Eye of the Tiger" (Karen and Jeffrey, then Ellis and Jami)

  • "Material Girl" (Ellis and Jeffrey . . .see video below)

  • "Tricky" by Run DMC (no one)

  • Numberous 80s medleys (all of us)
There's a surprisingly long intro to "Eye of the Tiger" when you're playing SingStar 80s. Luckily for all of us, Jeffrey and Karen were prepared with theme-appropriate choreography.





I tried to get Ellis to do some Rocky moves with me during our "Eye of the Tiger" intro. He wasn't nearly as inspired as I was.


And for the grand finale . . . All I can say is, move over, Madonna.


5 comments:

Joella Hancock Morris said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! Our rockin' party mainly consisted of the kids doing the same thing with Disney's Sing-It - Jonas Bros, HSM, and Hannah Montana. Kyle and James did get to do a pretty good "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". If I ever get out to UT again we'll have to have an 80s night!

Jami said...

Oh man, I hope you got that on video, too! It's really not New Year's Eve without a little Poison in the mix.

Jenni said...

You karaoked (is that a word?!), too?!? You should have seen me doing Rhianna. I'm an inspiration.

Welcome back to blogging, long lost buddy o'mine.

Peggy said...

GAAAAAAA!!! Are you TRYING to make me cry?????

joey said...

Ellis, you just made my day! Actually all of you, if I had time to post a little comment on how much i've enjoyed all of your latest posts, I would! wow, Madonna! It's just precious!